What is an Emergency?
An emergency is a repair which threatens your health, safety or security or could cause significant damage to your home including flooding or total loss of electricity or water.
During office hours please report an emergency by calling:
If you have an emergency repair which occurs outside office hours please call:
0845 303 9717
To access our out of hours emergency provider. Ensure you have your full name, contact number and full address to give them.
If you have booked an emergency repair, please ensure you are home to let the contractor in.
When you report the repair we will send out a contractor who will make the situation safe. This may mean that a temporary repair is carried out and the contractor may have to return at a later date to complete the work. For example, if a hot water cylinder is leaking, we might not have a replacement straight away, but will stop it leaking and return to replace it as soon as possible.
I can smell gas - what do I do?
- Call the National Gas Emergency number on 0800 111 999 (24 hours) immediately from a nearby property (don't use a landline or mobile phone in the affected property)
- Open all doors and windows
- Turn the gas off at the meter (unless the meter is located in the cellar/basement)
- Put out cigarettes and don't use anything with a naked flame
- Don't use electrical equipment
- Don't touch light switches – they might cause a spark