Anti-social behaviour

At Hundred Houses Society we take anti-social behaviour seriously.
We aim to respond to your initial report in the following timescales:

ASB response times

Low risk cases 5 working days
Medium risk cases 3 working days
High risk cases 1 working day


If a neighbour is causing a nuisance and you cannot sort it out by talking to them, you can contact your Housing Officer.  We will listen to you and explain how we can help. We may advise you about other ways of dealing with the problem such as contacting an environmental health officer, the police or the mediation services. We will consider formal or legal action if appropriate.

Many cases can be resolved by communication and advice before they become too serious.

We will investigate cases of:

  • Persistent and excessive noise nuisance, such as loud music
  • Verbal abuse, intimidation and harassment
  • Hate related incidents or crime 
  • Violence against people or property
  • Aggressive/threatening behaviour, language and graffiti
  • Domestic abuse
  • Nuisance caused by alcohol and drugs
  • Using your home unlawfully
  • Untaxed/unroadworthy vehicles
  • Untidy gardens/litter and flytipping
  • Unruly pets

In the majority of cases, we will not treat the following as anti-social behaviour. This is not an exhaustive list.

  • Neighbour differences, such as differences of opinion/gossiping
  • Everyday living noise e.g. babies crying, footsteps, doors shutting, washing machines operating
  • Disputes over parking
  • Cooking smells
  • One off/occasional parties or barbeques
  • People gathering
  • Children playing
  • DIY at a reasonable time of the day

Click here to view our Anti-Social Behaviour Policy

As doorbell cameras and domestic CCTV have become more common, you should refer to guidance on your own responsibilities and those of your neighbours. Click here for advice from the Information Commissioner’s website

To report anti-social behaviour you can call us on 01223 315036 or click here to complete an HHS ASB Report Form and e-mail it to

To record incidents of anti-social behaviour you can download ASB Diary Sheets

Who else can help?

  • Call the emergency services on 999 if you, or anyone in your neighbourhood, is in immediate danger
  • If it’s not an emergency, report it to the police by calling 101
  • You can report a crime anonymously to Crimestoppers by calling 0800 555111 or reporting it on their website
  • Environmental Health at your local authority can investigate cases where noise, fly-tipping, graffiti and abandoned vehicles are causing a nuisance
  • Social Services at your local authority can help keep children and vulnerable adults safe from harm