At HHS we are supportive of the victims displaced by the war in Ukraine and understand that some of our customers might be looking at ways in which they can help.
If you are considering registering your interest in the Government’s Homes for Ukraine scheme, to host a Ukrainian individual or family, full details can be found on the Government's website and frequently asked questions.
Before registering, please take some time to think about the following:
- Whether your situation is likely to change during the next six months that you will be committed to hosting for
- How having another person or family in your home will impact on your everyday costs such as electricity, water and heating
- Whether you have the space in your home to share
If you decide you do want to take part in the scheme, please use this simple checklist:
- Only use the Government’s official scheme
- Get in touch with details of who you would like to host, so we can make sure your home will not be overcrowded and give you the permission you need
- Tell us when the individual or family will be moving in with you and let us know when they leave
- If you receive help towards your housing costs, advise the Department for Work and Pensions or your local authority Housing Benefit team of the changes to your household
- Check with your home insurance providers if your insurance cover will be affected
- Keep checking the Government's website and frequently asked questions for updates and other things you may need to consider
If you are unsure whether you are able to get involved in the scheme, please contact our Customer Services Team on 01223 315036, or by email to email@example.com and we will be happy to help.