What is an Emergency?
An emergency is a repair which threatens your health, safety or security or could cause significant damage to your home including flooding or total loss of electricity or water.
During office hours please report
an emergency by calling:
If you need an emergency repair outside of our opening hours, please call us on 01223 315036 and press 1 to be connected to our emergency service. Ensure you have your full name, contact number and full address to give them.
If you have booked an emergency repair, please ensure you are at home to let the contractor in.
When you report the repair we will send out a contractor who will make the situation safe. This may mean that a temporary repair is carried out and the contractor may have to return at a later date to complete the work. For example, if a hot water cylinder is leaking, we might not have a replacement straight away, but will stop it leaking and return to replace it as soon as possible.
I can smell gas - what do I do?
- Call the National Gas Emergency number on 0800 111 999 (24 hours) immediately from a nearby property (don't use a landline or mobile phone in the affected property)
- Open all doors and windows
- Turn the gas off at the meter (unless the meter is located in the cellar/basement)
- Put out cigarettes and don't use anything with a naked flame
- Don't use electrical equipment
- Don't touch light switches – they might cause a spark
Report a repair
When you report a repair to us we categorise the type of repair as shown in the box below. We aim to complete the repair within the specified time.
|Emergency||Make safe within 24 hours||
|Urgent||Within 5 working days||
|Routine||Within 20 working days||
For further information about repairs please see our Repairs and Improvements area.